Thursday, October 26, 2017

Friday and beyond, Flipping Little Blue House

On Friday while a young man fixed the concrete around the foundation where there were cracks, I worked on the front bedroom.  I painted the top half the day before the Icey Waterfall, and had caulked.  On Friday I painted the bottom Pale Wildflower Blue and the trim board running around the room white, the crown white, and the baseboards while, really white.  On Monday when I returned to the house I took a picture of the room, and it is really nice, but I have a new Galaxy s8 and I don't have a usb cord with it so I can add pictures.  I am so angry about that.

On Monday scrubbed the glue goop on the floor of the front room in preparation of sanding it.  When you use the industrial sanders and the sanding pads are $12, you don't want to mess them up.  Having glue on the floor gums them up and you use more.  Oh, it will sand it off, but it will get gummy and you'll lose your ability to sand with that pad.  So I'd rather scrub it off myself.

I use Goof Off or Goo B Gone to spray on the lines.  Then using a sponge scrubber with the green rough side, and steel wool and scrapper, and I work my way around the room.  Its a messy, time consuming job.  I got the middle of the room and up one side done on Monday, along with caulking the 2nd bedroom around the baseboards, paneling and windows. 

On Tuesday I painted the top part of the 2nd bedroom the Pale Wildflower Blue.  Also I was working around the door dude who was putting on the doors. 

He disassembled the door, I mean all the framing, even taking off the glass door.  Then he began on the back exterior door.  I liked him, but he was messy and I really am not sure that all the framing needed to be disassembled.

My other plumber/electrician came by and I showed him everything I wanted to do

Wednesday, I caulked the kitchen and fixed ceiling cracks and made videos of that, but now I find I have a problem and can't put them on here.  I'm going to the T Mobile tomorrow and get a USB cord, because I feel I owe that to you guys, to have pictures.  I've taken so many and so many videos.  My first videos on Wednesday were horrible.  I was trying to hold the phone and work the caulk gun, it was awful, but....I eventually on Friday got it worked out.  More on that later.

After the door guy finished, and I finished all my caulking I was about to leave and was locking the new door when I found that he'd left huge gaps around the doorframe between frame for glass door and the other door.  I had already pointed out the gap in the floor from his tear out, and he'd three times gone to lowers to get thresholds to cover it.  Finally he got it, but he screwed it in where you can see it, and there were holes on both sides where I can see light outside.  I've started caulking that, but I'm not happy with it.  I went to Home Depot and told them about the gaps, and they had no advice, so I bought some thin molding and went back and worked until 6 p.m. trying to cover the gaps.  I eventually glued them and taped them on to dry on one side.  If it works, I planned to put the second piece I bought at Home Depot.

Friday when I got there, I found it kind of worked, but glass door wouldn't shut with it there where the handle turned, so I tried just cutting it out at that point, but in the process loosened the lower half that I had glued the day before.  I eventually pulled it off and used the piece as a shim and will get another piece to shim in.  I'll try and get pictures on here of what I ended up with.  if my plumber/electrician guy shows up I hope he will have an idea.  I also went back to Home Depot and showed them pictures of the gaps and they suggested weatherstripping.  I went back to house and yes, that would fill the gap on the side I hadn't worked on, but for the life of me I can't seem to get it to stay.  Again I need the other guy to help me.  He had said he'd be here today to start all the projects I have for him, but I didn't see him all day.  I guess he didn't finish yesterday's job. I do wish he'd called.

After I finished working on the doors, I did the video of how to load and unload the caulk gun and how to open new tubes.  By propping phone on a chair I can sit in floor, hold the gun and operate it with two hands.  Once I get a usb corn,
I'll post two or three videos I did. 
 
By lunch at 1 when I figured out the worker was not coming, I told my hubby since carpet is being installed in the back two big rooms on Monday, I need to get all that carpet our and tomorrow start tiling the laundry closet and entry.  So he went back to home and got pickup and I went to blue house and started ripping up carpet and tearing it into manageable strips.  My knife was awful so I used a handsaw.  I had more than half  of the ping pong room cut up when he got there , and we switched off sawing and eventually got all the carpet and pad out.  The carpet we were able tor oll up, but the pad was glued in spots so it came out in shreds.  He took a load to the dump of carpet and we left some pad in the backyard.  Tomorrow is suppose to be cold so we won't take another load until next week. 

I was exhausted by the time we got the carpet out, so I came home, chilled and took an hour long bath.  Tomorrow I'll clean those floors in those two rooms and start tiling it.  We found 3 kinds of tile under the carpet.  It was interesting because I had used all three sometime in my history in my homes and rentals.    Funny story, on the way to lunch I kept thinking it was noisy in the van.  When I got to restaurant, I found I had left the hatch door open on the van.  Good thing the restaurant was close.  My van is packed to the gill with tools, paint, etc. and nothing had blown out.  I think the old brain was tired.  This is a picture of the little blue house from two years ago when we tried to sell it when son moved to Perryton.  We ended up renting it for two years, and in that time it now has a new black roof and new hvac.  Since I can't get to my new pictures, I can share old ones.  However, a lot of them are on another computer which is broken and on old phones.  But I'll try and find some to show you so you have an idea of what we are talking about.
This door is now for sale.  We have a white with leaded glass, fiberglass door.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your feedback, but no vulgarity please.